Thursday 5 July 2012

Fabulous finds and fantastic friends

As I mentioned in the first blog  The Original Present Cupboard  has been around since 2006 and over the years I have been very lucky to meet some wonderful people and I'd like to think you'd like them too!

Many many years ago when my smallest was a tiny baby I went to a gift fair to see a friend of mine and ended up meeting Harriet from Hunter Gatherer who has been one of the funniest friends I have met.  In time I might just share the tale of our first gift event!   The Original Present Cupboard  stocks Cinnamon scented kindle cones and Bowlovers which are both amazing!

A great friend and blogger middleagedcred suggested I join Twitter as I was struck down with flu (not just small flu but big huge 5 months off work flu) and there'd always be someone to talk to at silly insomnia o'clock.  Oh how I laughed, chatted randomly and got to know many Tweeters.

One of my earliest Twitter meets was with Georgie Newbery The Flower Farmer who is fabulous, has a black labrador and a terrific sense of humour.  I love treating my friends and loved ones to gifts and gorgeousness and the flowers are a classic example of a gorgeous gift!

I have spent many hours tweeting and therefore I felt I had earnt myself an addict mug available from Name Art; a number of my friends have been given these mugs and we proudly sip our coffee from ours at the shop.

Another tweeting friend introduced me to his girlfriend Claire and since then she has made some fabulous cakes for me including an Girls Football Team cake (the girls were totally amazed by it), bowler hat cupcakes for my leaving do, some fabulous piggie cupcakes for Open Farm Sunday 2012 at Wysipig .  I'm looking forward to the cupcakes for the July 14 Open Day at Wysipig as well as the birthday cake for my eldest!

Also through Twitter I got to know Gabriella from Moobaacluck who made the wonderful Open / Closed bunting for the shop.  I could spend hours looking at her website and many of my friends and the childrens' teachers have been blessed with a handpainted personalised gift.

If you are looking for a hogroast for an event or would like to order some pork then I can't help but enthuse about Wysipig.  I have blogged about them previously but without them I'd not be able to have a shop!












No comments:

Post a Comment