Sunday 8 July 2012

Are you a hoarder?

I was asked this week by a very dear friend if I was a hoarder and I said yes!  


However after 48 hours in the company of a friend's daughter (who is really rather lovely and isn't as stern as all that despite being queen of clutter clearing) I embarked on the mind blowing Phase II of clutter clearing and sorting and tipping and charity shop dropping and giving away and clearing and cleaning and and and and (you must get the picture by now) I can now say "I am Nell and I used to be a hoarder".


Unfortunately the rest of the family haven't caught up and they are still trailing around leaving everything where they feel it should be, whilst I have turned into the Meryl Streep character from the fabulous Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Series of Events film and see disaster at every dropped hair clip!


I am longing for my mother and step father to come for a visit, it normally entails my mother tutting and sniffing and my steppa marvelling at how much useless stuff I can hoard for a rainy day!


We've had more than enough rainy days and nothing has been useful so it's all gone!  
Gone gone gone.  


I am hoping that I will remain strong and it wont start creeping back in, if it does will you remind me that the 'must have bargain that I can't live without' has to serve a useful purpose.


I've emptied the house of everything and have actually sat down and read a friend's Growing Spaces blog and marvelled, the perfect excuse to go shopping for storage!  I've also found a pile of books to keep me on the straight and narrow  (Dawna WalterJudith WilsonAND I now have a coffee table, ok so it's a coffer, which this week include  my favourite books from the wonderful and talented (of course I'm biased) William Yeoward.


There's so much more room that I can now share my 80s dancing techniques with the children, they are understandably not impressed but it clears the room!  Bonus!!


See you again soon!


Nell x

No comments:

Post a Comment